Yeah, it's my birthday! Normally, I do not care one bit about my birthday, whatsoever. For real. I just don't get the big deal. BUT, this year is different. THIS year marks a "milestone" (in my mind anyway). A milestone towards bringing Alex home!
Here's how I think of it: my birthday has to pass before Alex comes home... well here it is, and tomorrow it will be gone! Boom. Done. One milestone down... how many more to go?
Well, in March, Alex's first birthday and our second babyshower is a milestone! They will be on the same day... it's going to be awesome! (Though I know it will be sad to miss my son's first birthday, we knew going into the adoption process that that would happen... plus he'll get a full blown Korean first birthday party... which is a BIG DEAL in Korea!)
THEN, in April, the end of my grad school classes marks another milestone (since I will be taking the summer and fall semesters off for Alex)!
In May, our trip to VEGAS is a milestone! Ha! One last trip before becoming parents!
JUNE, the end of the school year (and my job)!
JULY, I don't know... maybe... travel!?!?!?!?
Call me cautiously optimistic, but I'm hoping to travel in June or July, and I don't think it's completely out of the question, and no one can convince me otherwise! :-)
So, anyway, yes, it's my birthday, blah blah blah, but more importantly, we've reached a milestone, people!!! WOOHOO! Now THAT'S a reason to celebrate!
HAHAHA I did a big Vegas vacation right before becoming a mom also! LOL Happy Birthday mama!
ReplyDeleteyou certainly SHOULD feel optimistic. don't let anyone take that away from you. i remember getting my hopes about about things and no matter what anyone said, they weren't going to stop me. besides, we can't help it, anyway. :)
ReplyDeletehappy last birthday before alex comes home!!! love all your milestones! so much to look forward to (and keep your mind off things!) until your sweet little man comes home! and being optimistic with you, jen!
ReplyDeleteSweet & sentimental! Alex is so lucky!
ReplyDeleteFebruary and March are important months in our family!
ReplyDelete