Our friends have been in Korea for over a week now and will finally have their son in their arms forever in about 4 hours from now! FOUR hours! And, exciting news for us, they got to MEET Alex! He was along for his 14-month check-up during one of their meetings at the agency. It's all so surreal and confirming and amazing and sad at the same time. Alex doesn't know that he will not be sleeping or eating or playing with his foster brother tonight or tomorrow or the next day. In fact, I believe it's quite common for foster mothers to take in a new baby the same day they grieve the loss of a child they've been raising for more than a year. I don't know for sure if this will be the case, but Alex may have a NEW foster sibling as early as... well, four hours from now. But Alex also doesn't know that he will see his foster brother again (hopefully SOON). I can't wait for the day when we get to reunite our boys. I hope they will find something comforting and familiar about seeing each other again. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment