I wrote a post along these lines much earlier in our process. Today, I read one that was written much better, so I thought I would share it with all of you. Enjoy!
Great link. I hate this question, honestly. I hate that medical expenses for giving birth or paying for an IVF cycle are so high and yet no one jumps to the conclusion that paying them is "buying a baby." Also, people are known to spend lots of money on outlandish, unnecessary things and no one thinks about it twice!!! I think I may be down on ignorant adoption comments because it's national infertlity awareness week, and things people say about the adoption process is certainly in the limelight. You'll have to excuse me.
A good article, Jen - I was glad to read it and find out more about how expensive adoption is (AND the ridiculous questions that people may ask you to justify it)! Taking care of a baby is an expensive venture - no matter how you go about it. And it's worth it!
Great link. I hate this question, honestly. I hate that medical expenses for giving birth or paying for an IVF cycle are so high and yet no one jumps to the conclusion that paying them is "buying a baby." Also, people are known to spend lots of money on outlandish, unnecessary things and no one thinks about it twice!!! I think I may be down on ignorant adoption comments because it's national infertlity awareness week, and things people say about the adoption process is certainly in the limelight. You'll have to excuse me.
ReplyDeleteNo excuse necessary! Well put.
ReplyDeleteA good article, Jen - I was glad to read it and find out more about how expensive adoption is (AND the ridiculous questions that people may ask you to justify it)! Taking care of a baby is an expensive venture - no matter how you go about it. And it's worth it!
ReplyDelete