Apr 12, 2011

Moving Right Along

I'm feeling a bit giddy. Yes, the long wait for Alex isn't always depressing. Some days I feel perfectly content. Others emotional. And some days are down right exciting - and this is one of those days! Some friends of ours found out that their paperwork is moving right along. In fact, they could be traveling to Korea in mere WEEKS! EEE!!! I think one of most exciting things about that news for me personally is the not-always-so-simple realization that this is REAL. It is actually HAPPENING for them, and it WILL HAPPEN for us too! Alex is a REAL BOY, not just a picture. It may sound funny, but sometimes it does feel like there is nothing more than a few pictures. Like we will watch our son grow up through random updates but not in real life. But this news has changed that perception. In mere weeks (WEEKS!), our friends will meet their son who just happens to be Alex's foster brother. And who knows, maybe they will meet Alex too!


P.S. I got this fortune today during lunch. Very fitting!




5 comments:

  1. That's awesome news about foster brother! I know exactly what you mean about your baby being "real." It was the most bizarre thing to finally see my daughter in 3 dimensions and real time when we finally went to Seoul and picked her up. Adoption is all so abstract, until it isn't. I hope things pick up for you soon, or you are able to manage to have good days like this one and keep distracted and positive until they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Auntie PattyApril 13, 2011 at 8:26 AM

    Oh my gosh Jen! It's getting closer!!! I think it's wonderful that your friends will be bringing Alex's foster brother home soon! You will be able to know a little of what to expect as they go thru this amazing process! Before you know it, you and Ryan will be on the plane to South Korea!!! I CANT WAIT! Very Very excited for you both, and I know our whole family can't wait until he can join us in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeeaaaa! that is the kind of news I have been waiting to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when it feels "real". I'm having a "real" day today too. It's been an off week as it's my boys 1st birthday this weekend, but today, for some reason, it just feels like things are happening out here in CO as well.

    ReplyDelete