Nov 18, 2010

8 Months Old

Our baby is 8 months old today! I don't feel quite as celebratory as I did last month. We are still waiting on that update we requested a month ago. A couple weeks ago I was starting to get worried. Maybe there was something wrong! But, no. Apparently updates can take around 4-6 weeks to arrive. They tend to wait for the baby's next monthly check-up (which should be around now) and then take their sweet time writing the report. All I'm thinking is, there better be some damn pictures included in that report! 

WHEW! Okay, patience wearing thin. The good news is, time seems to be flying. Ryan and I both feel as if we're in some sort of time-warp. Shoot, Thanksgiving is next week! When did November get here? Now, if only I could find the secret passage or magic vine and warp to the next stage of this adoption process: travel! 

I think about our anticipated travel to Korea every day. Literally. I wonder about how much hair he'll have the first time we meet him. I wonder if we'll recognize him, if he'll resemble the pictures we have. I wonder what his foster family will be like. I wonder if he'll cry the first time we hold him. I wonder how heavy he'll be. I wonder if he'll prefer me over Ryan or vice versa. I wonder if he'll cry the entire 18-hour flight home. I wonder if Ryan and I will know what to do if/when... [fill in the blank with any of the million things that can and will happen]. AH! Seriously, I could go on and on about the things I wonder about. But I can't know these things. Not yet. 

Happy 8 months, Alex!


2 comments: