Last Friday, Ryan and I had dinner with Anne and Adam, an awesome couple who are also adopting a little boy from Korea. Among other "regular people" conversation, we also talked a little bit about our sons, of course. We learned that both of our sons have an older and very experienced foster mother. Anne and Adam also mentioned that their son has a foster sibling. I had heard of this happening, but Ryan and I were never informed as to whether or not our son has a foster sibling. We assumed not.
So, as I tend to do with almost everyone I meet these days, I decided to "friend" Anne and Adam on Facebook. Aside from wanting to get to know them better, I was also dying to see more pictures of their little cutie, Silas!
THEN I saw a picture of Silas with his foster mother...
THEN I saw a picture of Silas with his foster mother...
...and quickly compared it to a picture of Alex with his foster mother...
I rubbed my eyes and asked Ryan for a second opinion... could Alex and Silas be foster brothers?!?! WOW! It's a good thing Anne and Adam are so awesome because these boys are going to be growing up only about 10 miles apart! What a crazy coincidence!
Silas is about 3 months older than Alex. It's actually kind of funny... last Friday, Anne and Adam were telling us how one of their updates of Silas noted that he was "jealous" of his new foster brother... Alex! How cute is that?! I'm sure they're best buds by now though, of course!
Silas is about 3 months older than Alex. It's actually kind of funny... last Friday, Anne and Adam were telling us how one of their updates of Silas noted that he was "jealous" of his new foster brother... Alex! How cute is that?! I'm sure they're best buds by now though, of course!
Ryan and I are very happy about this news. How great that Alex will have a familiar face to play with as he makes this huge transition to the U.S.
OH, and THEN, I was telling Ryan how jealous I was that Anne and Adam recently got updated pictures of Silas without requesting them. So totally not fair. But what did I get this morning??? An email from our social worker telling us that she has updated pictures of Alex for us!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! The pics are in the mail... I will post them as soon as I can!

I am in total disbelief! That is amazing! However, so jealous of your unsolicited pictures.
ReplyDeleteWow -- what an amazing coincidence and how wonderful that the two foster brothers will live close to one another! I'm glad I discoverd your blog -- it's fantastic! :-)
ReplyDeleteWOW~~~~ I am just so amazed, I can't stop smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGet OUT! That is insane. How cool the boys will have a familiar face during the Big Transition and that you all live so close together.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful is that.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many wonderful miracles happening out there every day! Thank you for sharing your life and your thoughts with all of us Jen! Very inspirational and heartwarming! This is more amazing news!!! Alex will look back and read this blog someday and really understand just how awesome you are! And of course, he will also say that Auntie Patty really rocks! jk
ReplyDeleteGreat post Jen!
ReplyDeleteIt IS a miracle! My prayer group and I pray daily for Alex and now Silas will be added on! Notice in the side-by-side pics they have the same blanket and bed? I can just see these two in drum line together some day!!!! We hope to see you both very soon, Alex and Silas!!! Can hardly wait for the new pic of our sweet little grandboy!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, that little bed is actually at the agency in Korea. All the kids get their pics taken on it. Either way, it's cool how the pic is taken at almost the exact same angle! I wonder if they were watching each other get their pics taken!
ReplyDelete