Jul 15, 2011

Tricks the Process Plays

This adoption process has given me some of my highest highs and lowest lows. It's not all bad. But it's bad right now.

I have this ongoing fear (and dream!) that by the time we get our travel call we will be flying over to adopt an adult. We'll walk in there, and Alex will be a college kid. He'll have a backpack and books and will want help finding an apartment close to campus. ***HYPERVENTILATION*** 

Seriously, I'm so glad that Alex's foster brother is home with his family right now because I can take one look at him and realize that 1-year-olds are still small and cute and cuddly. But then I go home and fall asleep and dream that Alex is an adult. Oooh, crazy mind, leave me alone! 

There seems to be some crazy stuff going on with the last part of this process. Obviously, timelines are now useless. From observing others' processes right now, I can only speculate that it could get worse. Waits from EP to travel call seem unnervingly long for some individual families (much longer than average), and we don't even have EP yet. 

As mentioned in my previous post, I still have no idea when we will travel. Best guess is late August/September... dare I say October (NO... NO!)? Poor Alex could miss the start of the semester... hopefully his professors will understand. 






(ETA: Word on the street (i.e. unconfirmed) is that EPs will not be approved until August. Heartbreaking.)

8 comments:

  1. I'm in awe you manage to keep your sense of humor amidst all this. SO hard to have expectations change while you're in the process, especially since you've already bee waiting so long. Sending you positive EP approval vibes (yes, there really is such a thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humor?! I am dead serious. Just ask my husband. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The call is coming, I promise! Hold tight and stay stong. You can do it, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear...that is a scary dream, but gosh it made me giggle ;)
    hang in there...this part is SO sucky (i cannot say it enough and i am SURE you know it) and hopefully it will be over soon. i'm with sarah and sending you those same vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen, I wish this could be all over and you could have Alex in your arms! Sending you lots of love and I am crossing my fingers that you wait will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is the worst part of bureaucracy. To them it's just paperwork, to you it's your child and emotional turmoil. Stay strong! Jen & Ryan 파이팅!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, are you okay? Haven't heard anything from you on the forum since the latest news from MPAK came out that seems to explain the reason for the delay. I have been worried about you and hoping you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, thanks Becky. I'll update the forum.

    ReplyDelete