Aug 30, 2011

Quick Update

I want to write a longer post eventually, but I need to start getting ready to go meet Alex again as we become a family of THREE today! More on that later...

Here are some highlights of the last couple days:

We met two new couples from our area here! One of the couples lives only minutes from where we live! They are also here to pickup their boys. Our little adoption community just keeps expanding!

We went to another market only to discover another palace, and we saw a traditional Korean version of a drumline! 

We went to a Korean BBQ last night, and it was some of the best food we've ever had! We had an awesome server who spoke enough English to help us order and teach us how to make/eat our food. They BBQ the meat right at your table! 

We had a delightful evening celebrating our last time together as a family of two. We also decided that we just love Seoul! We feel like we've done so much here but have only hit the tip of the iceberg. 

Today, August 31st, is our "family day," the day Alex will be placed in our arms forever. I'll make a real effort to update later if I can... or maybe I'll have Ryan do it. In less than 5 hours we'll be a family of THREE! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm dying for as much info as possible so keep it coming!!! :) Happy Family Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will love you two so much, because he will feel the love that both of you have for each other and for him. What a lovely way to spend your last night as a loving couple together. The best made homes are where the parents love each other. Make a plan to keep on having date nights and taking time out for yourselves only throughout your marriage. Alex will be much better off for it. And as always, the grandmas are on standby for babysitting duty - lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!!! Deep breath, Mama. i've enjoyed "going back" to Seoul through your blog. Enjoy the first of many moments as a family of three!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited - congratulations to you, brand new parents!! Sending all of my love!

    ReplyDelete