Aug 25, 2011

We Made it to Seoul!

We had a great flight! We ended up sitting next to a man who was adopted from Korea when he was eight years old. He is now an engineer for the U.S. Navy and was flying to Seoul on business. He was very excited for us and thought our pictures of Alex were just oh so cute! What a crazy coincidence! 

After we got to Seoul, it was about an hour cab ride to our hotel. By the time we got to our room we were pretty exhausted so we headed out for a quick bite so we could get back to the hotel and (hopefully) get some sleep. Luckily, we spotted the "Golden Arches" pretty quickly. We felt a little bit guilt eating at MickyDee's on our first night in Korea, but we've got plenty of time to be adventurous. Plus, it's always fun to see how their menus differ from the U.S. We both had bulgogi burgers! 

So now we're back in our hotel. It's a small, kinda cheap hotel yet the most high tech hotel I've ever stayed in! Everything has a button, and you can control everything from the remote control! Lights, AC, TC, computer, everything. Anyway, I'm just glad the internet works! 

We meet Alex tomorrow afternoon so our morning will most likely be spent looking for the agency and trying to stay calm! I'll update again tomorrow after our meeting! 

6 comments:

  1. Glad your trip was good. I can not stop thinking about how very close you are to Alex now! WHOOOPIE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited! Within hours, he will be in your arms and all the waiting will be over!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it to Korea and best wishes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the first family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH - by the time I log onto my computer tomorrow, you two will have been united with your little boy - the sweetheart of your dreams!!! How incredibly loved he is!!! We all love you sweet boy!!!! Little tiny Alex is ours!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (tears of joy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY, don't forget to take pics of your hotel, cab, cab driver, food, your toenails (lol) and everything INCLUDING ALEX so we can get the feel of Korea through your eyes!!! Still celebrating!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete