We received an unsolicited update on Alex today! What a gift! There is a picture in the mail, which I will post when I receive it. Otherwise, here are some things about our little man at 10 months:
- He eats rice, yogurt, spoon-scraped apple, and bananas, but still prefers formula to solid food.
- He enjoys bath time but cries when his hair gets washed.
- He WALKS! He took his first step at 9 months and apparently he spends most of his waking hours standing and taking steps.
- He is "quite a climber" but has a good sense of danger and can get down safely (whew, this kid is going to keep us busy!).
- HIS STRANGER ANXIETY HAS LESSENED A LOT! I like this one a lot... for obvious reasons!
- He plays independently in a familiar setting (yeeessssss).
- He says umma (mama in Korean), appa (papa in Korean), and mama (RYAN THINKS THAT MAYBE HE SAYS THIS WHILE LOOKING AT MY PICTURE... oh, I would love his foster mom for that)!!!
- He gets along well with his foster brother. He goes looking for him if he is napping alone in another room. It is going to be SO COOL to reunite them!
Stay tuned for a new picture in a couple of days!
updates are the greatest gift during the (sucky) wait! can't wait to see pics of your little man! yup, you better start working out because it sounds like alex is going to be quite the mover, just like carson! i think we climb the stairs about 50 times a day. no joke.
ReplyDeleteand, i hate to burst your bubble, jen, but "mama" is a term that adults use with kids that means "food" -- like, "mama [really, it's closer to mmamma] muhkjah!" means "let's eat some food!" i could be wrong, maybe the foster mom is teaching him the english "mama," but our little guy came home saying "mmamma" and he CLEARLY meant food! ;)
Ahhh, bubble is burst... but that is very good to know! Better to have my bubble burst now rather than later! But yeah, good thing we have a park close by... and he should be coming home during the warmer months!
ReplyDeleteBUT in the actual update it says "momma" rather than "mama." Hope? Maybe? No? :-D
ReplyDeleteHi, Jen, congrats on the update! Walking at 9 months...wooza.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of the babies have the "momma" word on their update. Our son had it on one of his, too, spelled as "momma," but then they noted that it meant food.
Don't worry, Alex will catch on to who his mama is soon enough!!
Wooo hooo, I think you have another bare footed runner arriving in MN soon! Keep training!
ReplyDeleteHe is going to be a fast little fellow!
Very exciting news, hon! I believe the best, momma is you, no doubt. Papa will be next! Sounds like he will be running with you and daddy, and a good eater, too! What a wonderful update for two wonderful parents! I can hardly wait to see the new pic!!!
ReplyDeleteJeffrey walked at 9 months, and has always been an adventure seeker! If Alex is like him, he will fit right in with his parents!! I can't wait to see the new picture!!!!!!! Everyday is one day closer to ALEX!
ReplyDeleteI am just so happy for you. How lucky to keep receiving these "extra" updates!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you and Ryan. That is amazing and wonderful and I can't think of any other words right now. Can't wait to see his next pic!
ReplyDeleteOh so exciting! He is so smart and mobile! Elise needs to learn a thing or two from him. :-) So glad you got an unexpected update, what a great day!
ReplyDeleteYAY, go Alex!!!!! I'm so impressed with your skills! :)
ReplyDeleteso glad you got an update! When we picked up our second son, his foster mother stated, "he is the perfect baby, but he has very bad stranger anxiety.". Well, that made me very very worried. He was absolutely fine. I was soooo relieved. He cried when we first got him (of course), but he attached to us very quickly. Once he got home, we exposed him to "strangers" slowly, and now he's absolutely fine. I was also afraid he would not do well on the airplane ride home because of this....he was great.
ReplyDeleteMichelle in WI www.wahe.us