Ryan and I finished Alex's room this weekend! We were going to wait until winter break (next week), but because of the massive snow storm this past weekend, we decided to get it done early. And since my school district has a snow day today (two days after the snow storm), I get to sit here and write about it! Woohoo!
So, yes, the picture above is Alex's name on the door of his room. I bought a used pack of foam letters (bath toys) at a garage sale last summer. Needless to say, some letters were missing. The letter "L" is actually a "7" turned upside down. Hey, I get points for creativity, right?
Now, as many of you know, our original painting plan was quite extensive and involved putting up a chair rail. Well, we axed the chair rail idea (we just aren't that handy), and decided to go with a lighter shade of green for the most of the room and a darker green "accent" wall.
HAH! What a joke! It may sound good in theory, but, in reality, it looked terrible. I can't believe, with all the HGTV I've watched over the years, that I would choose to do something so terrible. But alas, crisis averted, we had enough paint to finish the whole room with the lighter green color.
Next came the best part. Many months ago, long before we even had a face to go with Alex's name, I picked up some super cute decals from Target. I cannot believe the day has finally come when they are up and looking cuter than ever! Time really does fly.
Okay, enough of my blabbering. Here are some pics of Alex's oh-so-cute room! (And in case you were wondering, yes, there are four whole windows. I hope this kid enjoys daylight!)
(And, yes, I bought that Kleenex box because I knew it would match Alex's room. LOL! Maybe HGTV did teach me something.)





Oh wow, is his room ever CUTE!!!! I can hardly wait to see it tonight!! Alex will just love it! Very clever on the upside down 7! Hey, I decorate with paper towels, you decorate with Kleenex-we could start our on show on HGTV!!
ReplyDeleteYes! I can hear us now... "What were they thinking. The flowers on the paper towels, like, totally clash with the stripes on that Kleenex box!" LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteOh yea, our show would be a hit! We could call it "The DIP Show" (Decorating In Paper, of course) - lol!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute room! I can't wait until little Alex is living in it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bright and beautiful room for a bright and beautiful little boy!
ReplyDelete