Dec 19, 2010

Bloggy Thoughts

Yesterday we helped my sister and her fiance move into their first house together. My mom was there. My mom always seems to decide, upon seeing other houses, that she would like to "throw her own house out and start over." She has a nice house as it is, but the urge is there to want to start over with something fresh and new. 


Sometimes, I feel that way about my blog too. I read old posts and want to throw them out and start over. Re-word sentences. In some cases, be more bold. In others, say what I really want to say rather than what I think I should say. When it comes to the serious stuff, I think about my words a lot. I worry about who I am going to offend, or if my social worker is going to call me up and tell me I am wrong about this or that. 


Other blogs are so much better than mine. I mean, wow. Granted, I've only been blogging for about 2 months, but still, sometimes other people just seem to have the words that I haven't been able to muster. 


So, I am going to be working on creating a "blog roll" on my site. Feel free to check out any of these awesome blogs for more, sometimes better,  and less naive (I'm new to this!) insights into the adoption world. I may even change the look and layout of my blog. Who knows. (Edit: Yep, liking the changes.) 


I will leave you with the post that inspired this post (many of my posts are inspired from other blog posts):


Rage Against the Minivan: What I Wanted to Say...

6 comments:

  1. Nice new look of the blog! In reading your comments above, I was thinking about pictures of ourselves when we were growing up, or even (in my case) as adults. We look back on those and say "what was with those glasses OR haircut OR teeth OR outfit", etc. They can be good for a great laugh, too! But I love those pictures, they are who we were then and it is great to look back on them and reminisce.

    In turn, each new blog entry you make is like a snapshot. You may feel uncertain about your topics or wording, but I love these blogs, they are who you are now. Each new entry is a pic of your journey into the uncertain world of parenthood and your personal adoption story. You can only write about what you know so far. It will be great to look back and reminisce about your entire experience through these blogs. AND you both are honest, genuine and incredibly loving people who are doing everything you can to prepare yourselves for the arrival of your son. What could be better than that!!

    BTW, as for your and Tiff's homes, they are wonderful, but I am now back to earth and appreciate how wonderful ours is, too. It is great to go into each room and reminisce. This IS home for us, was for you girls, and will be for the grandkiddies, too. What could be better than that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice insights, Mom! And I'm glad you're enjoying your house again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great comments MIL / Grandma Deb! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs because you write from your heart Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new format! And if you don't mind, I'm adding you to my blogroll...

    ReplyDelete