Dec 23, 2010

Waiting Made Easy

I did it! I discovered the secret to surviving the wait! 

As a first-time parent-to-be, it's only natural that hiding beneath the surface of all the longing and excitement is fear. Fear of the unknown. And parenting, in my world, has yet to be known. 

So I've found peace this holiday season in indulging in the things that I won't be able to do as often once I officially take the plunge into parenthood. 

I've slept in until 2pm. (This might sounds late, but I didn't go to bed until 4:30am the night before.)

I've sat on my computer for hours on end, updating my blog, reading other blogs, and playing my favorite mind-numbing game, Bloons Tower Defense 4

I've enjoyed a few beers. 

I've planned a 4-day snowboarding trip with my husband.

I've sat for hours reading books on my couch. 

I've let the laundry pile up. (Haha, as if that is out of the norm.)

So, while waiting is hard sometimes, especially over the holidays, I will continue to enjoy these things and more. Might as well... parenthood is forever. 

4 comments:

  1. Very wise! Love the laundry comment-you must get that from me!! LOL :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of waiting, I can't wait for mommy & daddy to open Alex's Christmas gift this year! There, I said it!!!! I'm trying to keep from telling anyone what it is, so in the meantime I just have to say we have a gift!!! AND I can say we had to "put it together". It is bigger than a breadbox. It can be enjoyed any time of the year. Alright, I'm logging off the blog, as I'm afraid I'm going to give it away!!!!! Someone help me.............:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Your gift(s) is(are) also bigger than a(some) bread box(es), and you can also enjoy it(them) any time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart girl. It's easy to idealize how perfect things will be when baby comes home, but it does change EVERYTHING, and is a gigantic lifestyle change. Enjoy your sleeping/beering/gaming days :)

    ReplyDelete